Thursday, October 18, 2007

Music For the Gifited

I found out about this Album on another blog actually, and it sounds like something that I would enjoy. The idea was conceved by Dr. Alan Melinger, and was recorded in mental health facilities in Colorado. To me, I would rather hear some raw, and unmixed music, then hear a song that has added vocals, and numerous overdubs, like much of popular music nowandays. The Doctor gets into the act, and records a couple songs. It would be great to find this LP, and hearing about it makes me glad that their are Thousands and Thousands of Home-made Religous recordings, Weird Rockabilly, Music recorded by Midgets, and other happy sounds

Note : [I could not get it picture, but the album cover is no Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band.]

And Now, for something completly different :

The WFMU record fair is shortly approching! November 2, 3 & 4th in New York City. This is the fair to go to for VInyl, CD's, Tapes and Fragments of Pop Culture that you have most likely forgotten about. For more info go to www.wfmu.org/recfair.

No comments: